• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Elmont

It's great that the old stuff is so good. Actually GREAT!

I hope that I don't get banned for saying this, or more importantly angering You guys, but IMHO Ray-Ban is kicking Oakley's behind with their modern designs. Seeing how Lux canned a lot of good folks at Oakley, and they're closing the AWESOME Oakley World Headquarters, I feel that it may be by design
:ban:

I started to read this thread when.... *puke.
Sorry guys, I just don't understand why Oakley is trying to copy Smith Sport Optics aviators form 3 years ago that never sold...
Who said Trillbe?! *Swallows Vomit.
I'm trying hard to hold my thoughts in like Thumper's Mommy said but I just can't. Trillbe looks like some ugly @ss Spy Optics shades from 2006. They were called Trons too. But not the Boss Tron. Obviously because those kick trash!
Now Trillbe X, there's some inspiration... Another overpriced pair of sunglasses for our future half-wit generation to beg mommy for!
I love you Oakley, but Luxottica has taken your spine and balls ;)

I see the ban signs, and I get it. But I SERIOUSLY think that Ray-Ban is putting out some stuff worth buying. When I started flying in the 80's, I got a pair of Outdoorsman II AVIATORS. I also have a few others, and right now I'm restoring my old Outdoorsman instead of spending money on new Oakleys. Plus, they have some new designs that are just really well designed. It's hard to think anything else except that Lux is sabotaging Oakley. They took over a fantastic company and lit a match to it. You'd think that Mussolini's Grandson is the CEO of Lux. They don't deserve to be the owners of Oakley. I will say that Flak Jacket 2.0 is a pretty good upgrade. Other than that, You have to dig pretty deep to find any new stuff at Oakley that's the least bit interesting.

I see the ban signs, and I get it. But I SERIOUSLY think that Ray-Ban is putting out some stuff worth buying. When I started flying in the 80's, I got a pair of Outdoorsman II AVIATORS. I also have a few others, and right now I'm restoring my old Outdoorsman instead of spending money on new Oakleys. Plus, they have some new designs that are just really well designed. It's hard to think anything else except that Lux is sabotaging Oakley. They took over a fantastic company and lit a match to it. You'd think that Mussolini's Grandson is the CEO of Lux. They don't deserve to be the owners of Oakley. I will say that Flak Jacket 2.0 is a pretty good upgrade. Other than that, You have to dig pretty deep to find any new stuff at Oakley that's the least bit interesting.
I hope you know we are being silly...well, I know I was.

If you like Ray Ban, have at it Taylor. No need to justify your likes to us. We just give zero FUQs for other brands.

Sent from Q's Note5

And the way Oakley is going, we are giving zero FUQs to the modern day stuff being pumped out.

Sent from Q's Note5

i wouldn't mention the other brand, but it sure seems relevant to me. I'm sorry I bored you. And I can understand You not giving one about anything but vintage Oakley. Old Oakley is awesome enough to look no further. I get it, and like I said, I apologize for bringing up anything that You guys could care less about.
Imdid start this thread because they're obviously selling Aviators to Oakley folks. Or they're trying to. And I saw a thread with two guys loving,their Elmonts when they are nothing short of warmed over Aviators. I'm out. The end. Sorry guys. Won't make the same mistake again. Thanks for being cool about it. Out.

i wouldn't mention the other brand, but it sure seems relevant to me. I'm sorry I bored you. And I can understand You not giving one about anything but vintage Oakley. Old Oakley is awesome enough to look no further. I get it, and like I said, I apologize for bringing up anything that ZYou guys could care less about. The End.

Even though we tease folks about non Oakley products, you like it, that's fine. I won't slap you for liking it.

No need to get defensive about something almost no one cares for.

I wouldn't apologize for mentioning it; just have some moxie and be prepared for the teasing... No one would really vilify you for your choices.

The End

Sent from Q's Note5

The #1 shades on my "BUY" list is a pair of MARS. I wore Moons for 7 years until they literally fell off of my face. Can't wait to get my Mars! They're permanent.

What are you all smoking? Everyone makes an aviator of some kind, including many past Oakley versions. There may not be anything especially unique about this, but they'd be stupid not to have an aviator in the lineup. The Crosshair has been around forever but seems on way out. Deviation is gone but more squared anyways. Tailpin and Tailhook are a different but more edgy take on it. A simple aviator is needed, and this fits the bill. And it looks pretty good IMO too. Digging the chrome and Sapphire lenses.

Back