• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Emerald Generations

Nicola

Oakley Beginner
Is there more than one emerald iridium lens,since I have found several threads that is been mentioned something about that?Some of them are oakley review page,there some posts about second generation of emerald that has more purplish added than previous.Anyone knows anything about that?I want to order some custom antix and I worried about getting,if can I say old emerald instead of new one.If anyone have some pics that would be great :smile:

Nicola said:
Is there more than one emerald iridium lens,since I have found several threads that is been mentioned something about that?Some of them are oakley review page,there some posts about second generation of emerald that has more purplish added than previous.Anyone knows anything about that?I want to order some custom antix and I worried about getting,if can I say old emerald instead of new one.If anyone have some pics that would be great :smile:

I think more than anything, any iridium lens that has been in production for a long time has had some changes in its evolution. But a lot of it has to do with the production process - how long they're in the iridium chamber for (and we're talking differences of seconds) could change the color slightly. Whenever I buy lenses from a store, I ask them to take out everyone they have in stock so I can see. There are often multiple little differences between sets. Ruby is the most drastic, but fire, +red and emerald can be. If you're not etching the lens, I'd buy the custom pair in a store so you can pick the emerald you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Ah,I would do the same thing,but Im ordering online,thats why Im skeptic.I want colour as much more as possible as one on the custom page with true green and purplish.
Here is the thread that contains pictures of what emerald shade I dont want
I hope Razerwire wont mind using his thread and other posters that posted pictures wont be offended by this.
Here is the tread
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/1628-new-shade-emerald-iridium.html
Is there any chance to avoid that shade,with custom antix?

There's no way to avoid anything if you're ordering online..

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I know that,but thats only way for me to order,.I have plenty of experience with online orders,both bad and good.Anyway thanks for the remind.
Still if theres anyone that has recently dealing with any other emerald customs,not just antix,feel free to post your pics.

Back