• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

    Register Today

    Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Emerald R1 donor lenses

  • Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Wont the polarized etching get messed up with cut down to an R1? Also I think you have to cut these at an angle so a polarized pair wont work.
 

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad
Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Username Hidden said:
Wont the polarized etching get messed up with cut down to an R1?
D9512E24-03BC-47F0-9309-6F0D94B05295.jpeg
 

Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
If a Scalpel or original Crosshair will work I may have a non polar set.
 

Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Username Hidden said:
If a Scalpel or original Crosshair will work I may have a non polar set.
Scalpel is too small for R1. Know that from first hand experience.
Original crosshair is just a tad small for R1 as well - it can be made to work but you'll still have some wire lens bevel areas left. Also known from personal experience.
 

Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Username Hidden said:
Scalpel is too small for R1. Know that from first hand experience.
Original crosshair is just a tad small for R1 as well - it can be made to work but you'll still have some wire lens bevel areas left. Also known from personal experience.
What would be the preferred donor specifically for emerald?
 

Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Username Hidden said:
What would be the preferred donor specifically for emerald?
For R1 emerald - plaintiff, taco, crosshair OO4060
Some say a New valve polarized emerald can be used and while I agree that a New valve can be handcut for R1, I'm not in agreement that a polarized lens can be used without messing up the polarization.
 

Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Mine are from a crosshairs 2012
And another from a new valve.
I wear Rx so non Rx if janke doesn’t really have an effect on me, so can’t tell but both R1 Emerald cuts I have are perfect.
Crosshairs from Chris cuts and PJ cuts from valve.
 

Some people reacted to this post.
U

Username Hidden

Guest
Username Hidden said:
For R1 emerald - plaintiff, taco, crosshair OO4060
Some say a New valve polarized emerald can be used and while I agree that a New valve can be handcut for R1, I'm not in agreement that a polarized lens can be used without messing up the polarization.
I’m going to pay closer attention to this and check mine out. I mean it is a doctor telling us this.🤪😂😂
Just griefing you brother.
 

Some people reacted to this post.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

U
  • Locked
Found R1 lenses
Replies
3
Views
584
Username Hidden
U
U
Replies
9
Views
1K
Username Hidden
U
U
Replies
23
Views
4K
Username Hidden
U
U
Replies
8
Views
2K
Username Hidden
U
Top