• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Endangered Species Thread

Now I'm curious to see the Telmex Eyepatch... And this may be a noob question, but what made the Ti Clear so special?

here's the Telmex Eyepatch, man:

c14b7075.jpg

And also TI clear is not a common lens, only a few models have been paired with TI clear lenses: MD, Thump2, Juliet... never seen a Crosshair with TI clear, looks really cool

thanks man! as soon as i saw them i knew it was sick..

can someone enlighten me on the origins of the telemex editions?

You're welcome dude, I bet your Crosshair collection should look really sick, you should share the pix bro... !
On the Telmex:
They're a limited edition made for the Telmex racing team (http://escuderiatelmex.com/index.php?lang=en). Telmex is the biggest telecom company in Latin America, owned by the wealthiest man in the world.
Oakley released 2 Eyepatch and two Gascan (two polished black and two polished white, all with ice lenses ans blue icons) being the eyepatch easier to find than the gascan and all of them were Mexico Exclusive

You're welcome dude, I bet your Crosshair collection should look really sick, you should share the pix bro... !
On the Telmex:
They're a limited edition made for the Telmex racing team (Escudería Telmex). Telmex is the biggest telecom company in Latin America, owned by the wealthiest man in the world.
Oakley released 2 Eyepatch and two Gascan (two polished black and two polished white, all with ice lenses ans blue icons) being the eyepatch easier to find than the gascan and all of them were Mexico Exclusive

nice info on the telemex. so only 4 telemex pieces exist? wow.

and my Crosshairs actually are one of the pairs i didnt REALLY collect. i picked up 2 from you carlos! with the warden..(btw do you have any more for sale? haha crosshairs and warden - we can take this to pm to avoid clutter here)

So Crosshairs wise i have the Ti/Ti-Clear, Polished/VR28 Black (Daily pair), Pewter/Grey Transition. All sick. This was one of the lucky models I found exactly what i wanted and didnt go crazy with.. although if you have some ill have a look lol!

The text, format, label size, and 0085-01 numbers which I imagine are some sort of part code, are unusual. The word CROSSHAIR appears hand written either under or on the label for some reason, and the bar code suggests the glass could be purchased through normal scanning so it could be a store or chain ltd issue. I also wonder if the label is 100% Oakley, or maybe a store label added for some custom pairs made. It will be guess work unless some facts are established. If you let it go pm me as I would be interested due to my passion for the Ti Clear lens.

I'll revive this old thread. RVF, I am now the owner of the Ti Ti in question. The label on the box in not at Oakley label and was actually printed it would appear by Aus seller fshopauction. How they ended up with the box is unknown but after posing a couple questions at OR it is a general consensus that the original person they came from was either Total_O or Hunny.

nice info on the telemex. so only 4 telemex pieces exist? wow.

and my Crosshairs actually are one of the pairs i didnt REALLY collect. i picked up 2 from you carlos! with the warden..(btw do you have any more for sale? haha crosshairs and warden - we can take this to pm to avoid clutter here)

So Crosshairs wise i have the Ti/Ti-Clear, Polished/VR28 Black (Daily pair), Pewter/Grey Transition. All sick. This was one of the lucky models I found exactly what i wanted and didnt go crazy with.. although if you have some ill have a look lol!

Only 4 Telmex MODELS exist, Gascan and Eyepatch 1, in black and white. Definitely more than 4 units...

Back