• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Enlighten Me Please (Penny)

Belmont3

Oakley Beginner
A few months ago (maybe a yr ago) I found a pair of penny's. I've never owned anything x-metal and at that price I just simply didn't care. I knew nothing about x-metals and maybe I still don't but all I know is that they are awesome and I want more!

Anyways down to my question. The pair of penny's I got came with everything, but here is my "concern". They are serialized with a PV and if I read the list correctly that belongs to the titanium Vr28. Correct? However they have Ice lenses. The box is labeled as ice with sku#04-130. Did the person change the lenses and mixed boxes?

Thank you!

A few months ago (maybe a yr ago) I found a pair of penny's. I've never owned anything x-metal and at that price I just simply didn't care. I knew nothing about x-metals and maybe I still don't but all I know is that they are awesome and I want more!

Anyways down to my question. The pair of penny's I got came with everything, but here is my "concern". They are serialized with a PV and if I read the list correctly that belongs to the titanium Vr28. Correct? However they have Ice lenses. The box is labeled as ice with sku#04-130. Did the person change the lenses and mixed boxes?

Thank you!

You are correct - a PV-serial Penny is Ti/VR28. Ti/Ice would be a PI-serial. So someone must have changed out the lenses at some point and included a mismatched box with your Penny. Certainly a nice pair of X-Metals either way though... ;)