• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Etched "Titanium" lenses?

Kuztomized

I should Work at Oakley
Southwest PA
Has oakley ever produced a lens that is etched with the word "titanium" in sort of an outlined style text? Or is that a sign of a fake pair? If it is real, is that polar or non polar? There is a pair I'm interested in, but I'm hesitant to grab them. I did a quick google search and found a few pics with the same type of etching

Yes they did. Titanium lenses came both polarized and non, however if the lens was polarized it would be etched with "polarized" instead of "titanium".

Yes, I have a pair in some titanium Juliets - it's a great lens, looking at or looking through.

I had a Juliet with titanium clear lenses with "Titanium" etching. I actually preferred it over vr28 on overcast days. So, I'd love to get another pair again.

Yes they did. Titanium lenses came both polarized and non, however if the lens was polarized it would be etched with "polarized" instead of "titanium".
^^^ This.
Yup. Titanium Iridium tends to be etched. Unless it's Titanium Iridium Polarized, which keeps the Polarized etching instead.

Has oakley ever produced a lens that is etched with the word "titanium" in sort of an outlined style text? Or is that a sign of a fake pair? If it is real, is that polar or non polar? There is a pair I'm interested in, but I'm hesitant to grab them. I did a quick google search and found a few pics with the same type of etching

Both..... some OEM lenses are etched TITANIUM whether they are a Ti Clear pair or the specific lens (not clear) came in a Ti frame. There are however a ton of fakes out there with TITANIUM etched in the lenses as well. The key is to look at the font, placement and the frame itself.

Thanks for the input everyone!

@GRFMotorsports here is a pic of the etching

image.jpg

Are those suppose to be Straight Jacket IIs? While the etching looks correct this fitment on the hings looks off and I dont believe they ever offered a titanium lens unless it was swapped later.

Back