• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Etiquette with trading eyewear with someome overseas

OakleyLewis74

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello,

I'm a newer member and just got into my first trade with another member. I just have a couple of questions about shipping overseas with our eyewear. So I am shipping to there friend in florida and I am getting them sent once the friend confirms (I am a new member and understand that the trust isn't there) my question is I was just told about fees I am going to have to pay once I receive the item. What are these fees? Am I at fault since I didn't know about these fees?

I believe that is what I was told. I have never done a trade overseas so I have no idea. How bad are the custom fees?

What is your location? You say you are shipping your trade to FLA., so no fees for you.

It all depends on what value the seller puts on the customs forms when they ship the item - I've done numerous trades on here and always mark the item as a nominal value and so far none of the recipients have had to pay customs duties

I'm shipping to a friend of the guy I'm trading with and I'm receiving glasses from the Phillipines
If you are nervous about this trade, why are you shipping to their friend? (that would make me even more nervous)

Latest Posts

Back