• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

European Trading post brexit

alol

I am Jim Jannard...
United kingdom
Hi,
A question for our European Members.
Since January 1st 2021 has anyone from the UK purchased anything from the EU? And if so what have they charged, Especially on used items?
I am waiting on an arrival of a pair of R1 from the EU, I am expecting the worst and to be landed with a big customs bill. I thought on used items i would be ok, But i have an enormous sense of foreboding. Please advise if you have had a similar experience.

Thanks

still waiting delivery from one member from Hungary. Once received, will let you know. If you're waiting for R1 and expecting a massive hit, I think I need to worry as well when the Blue MM arrives.

I was just reading an article on the BBC news website, Some woman had ordered items from a business in Europe that she had used before. It's on there today. If it applies to used stuff there then the Customs union that we were supposed to have signed with the EU as part of Brexit appears to be not worth the paper it is written on.

“And the winner of the World’s Goofiest ‘Government’ goes to:
Wait...more votes are pouring in.”
:popcorn:
How you’re going to realize billions in VAT revenue when nobody in the EU will ship to you is a LARGE mystery.
(but I digress...)

Back