• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Everyone Mambo

obiwan

Oakley Enthusiast
These just came in tonight, snuck them into the display case without much notice from the wife. I love the dual sliding compartments on the box.

11%2B-%2B1

Nice. :thumb:

Whats the story behind this design anyway?

Mambo is the not-so-secret alias of Franco-Hungarian artist Flavien Demarigny. A self-taught artist, Demarigny began learning his craft as part of La Force Alphabétique, a group of muralists in France during the late 80s and 90s. After 11 years with La Force he joined 9éme Concept, an artists’ collective whose vision is to bring art to a wider public. Today, he lives and works in Montreuil, near Paris.

In France, Demarigny is best known for creating the graphics and logo for Groland, a sardonic weekly newsreel show on French TV, akin to “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.” Demarigny describes his work as an illustrated brain, full of visions and emotions. He draws or paints as if he is writing, creating art that you can read. Everyone can build their own story simply by watching it.

Demarigny loves creating his art in front of a live audience. In 2008, he was part of a groundbreaking live exhibit at the Centre Pompidou Museum of Modern Art in Paris. For three months, the ground floor of the museum became Mambo’s permanent studio. Visitors were invited to watch him work in real time. Finished pieces went on display in an adjacent room at the museum.

The art for these Limited Edition Mambo Antix™ glasses was created in front of a live audience in Barcelona. The matching box acts as a collectors’ item, holding the sunglasses and “Louie,” the Mambo-designed sunglass stand. With two oversized feet, Louie may be the first sunglass stand that literally stands. A matching micro bag is also included.

Mambo is the not-so-secret alias of Franco-Hungarian artist Flavien Demarigny. A self-taught artist, Demarigny began learning his craft as part of La Force Alphabétique, a group of muralists in France during the late 80s and 90s. After 11 years with La Force he joined 9éme Concept, an artists’ collective whose vision is to bring art to a wider public. Today, he lives and works in Montreuil, near Paris.

In France, Demarigny is best known for creating the graphics and logo for Groland, a sardonic weekly newsreel show on French TV, akin to “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.” Demarigny describes his work as an illustrated brain, full of visions and emotions. He draws or paints as if he is writing, creating art that you can read. Everyone can build their own story simply by watching it.

Demarigny loves creating his art in front of a live audience. In 2008, he was part of a groundbreaking live exhibit at the Centre Pompidou Museum of Modern Art in Paris. For three months, the ground floor of the museum became Mambo’s permanent studio. Visitors were invited to watch him work in real time. Finished pieces went on display in an adjacent room at the museum.

The art for these Limited Edition Mambo Antix™ glasses was created in front of a live audience in Barcelona. The matching box acts as a collectors’ item, holding the sunglasses and “Louie,” the Mambo-designed sunglass stand. With two oversized feet, Louie may be the first sunglass stand that literally stands. A matching micro bag is also included.
huge thank you obiwan. yes..the force strong with you it is...can't wait for my pair to show up!!

To be completely honest I am pretty sure I could care less about the glasses I just want little Louie, he is what makes these so cool.

Back