• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Everyone's having a XX party!

Whats up with the 2 different labels?
uploadfromtaptalk1429584552147.png

That happens on Juliets too. Some models only got text/barcode labels, which is a shame as I much prefer the picture labels.

Some of the late carbon/BI or BIP Juliets got barcode labels too, despite picture labels quite happily existing for both models more or less concurrently. I have toyed with scanning the picture labels and mocking them up for some of mine with custom finishes, e.g. the copper-plate or The X-Man's red finish. I'd need to find a stickerless box for that though, not going to remove a good original sticker for a custom.

Still a perfectly good box, but I always feel a little short-changed when I get a barcode box rather than a sticker one (if that SKU had both).

And eBay sellers never seem to photograph the label end of boxes when sold with the glasses. It's almost like they think that any sane person wouldn't consider buying a pair of sunglasses just because of the sticker on the box. What? They wouldn't? Oh...

As I remember, my Gen 1 Ruby penny has a sticker end label as opposed to the picture. You would think all first releases should have the full label to them, and possibly my copper penny also. I can check later in the week.