• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Evolense: A Good Alternative For Lenses

Just a note, after market lenses are 1/4th the price of original polarized oakley lenses. I've stated in other tread post that after market lenses should not be compared to originals unless they do cost the same as originals and if they advertised to be exactly the same as the originals. People who do buy after market lenses are looking for something unique to spice up their frames and not willing to pay $100+ for polarized lenses.

Me personally, I buy replacement lenses from both after market and oakley. I do use different lenses depending on what I'm doing on that day. If I'm at a gathering and want to stand out or just shopping, I put on my after-market lenses. If I'm actually doing some hardcore sports that I need to wear my sunglasses entire day, I'll put on my Oakley lenses.

Shouldn't just bash after-market lenses as they are good for the price that you are paying and depending which after-market company you are buying from since they all have different quality in their lenses.

If you do have problems with your after-market lenses, contact the seller because some after-market lenses are better than others.

But, if you can afford $100+ for replacement polarized lenses and don't care to be unique, go for original Oakley.
Sir, It is your eyes, you have your opinion and I showed the facts of what you are looking at when viewing through the lenses. Dealing with your EYEs why would anyone not want the best view they can have. I completely understand the Types of colors available with aftermarket lenses, and also the cost of Oakley donors cut to fit the frame. They are not cheap, but eye strain, headaches, and possible causing further damage to your eyes down the road, is not worth the 40.00 you save. Plus it cheapens the glasses you are wearing.

I have not seen, "yet", a aftermarket lens that has even close to the same qualities of what Oakley uses. The aftermarket lenses do not use "Base Prism" lenses. That is where the cost starts having an effect, also the lens coatings that people love so much, are the reasons why the optics are horrible. The coatings are not applied to be viewed through. They are done for display only. Further information is in other threads. Aftermarket lenses cannot be justified.

Back