• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Poll

What do you want??!

• Option 1

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Option 2

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Option 3

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Option 4

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
The last two weeks have been a rollercoaster. We introduced Oakley Exchange, made new regulations for the exchange forums, and now I am just coming up for air.

The worst part is...I never asked what you wanted! I became so entranced by the idea of Oakley Exchange, that I forgot what all of this was about...you guys!!

So as I believe its better late then never, WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT?

I attached a poll, and want to get your votes. The options I included are below, but you can always reply with another option or idea!

Option 1) Keep OakleyExchange.com and work out the bugs
Option 2) Return to the old Exchange system and requirements(Fade out Oakley Exchange)
Option 3) Work on a better Exchange system on Oakley Forum including some elements of Oakley Exchange(bidding, buy it now, payment still separate from Oakley Forum, but a better interface for exchanges. Fade out Oakley Exchange.)
Option 4) Advanced Exchange system including payment integration(Very similar to eBay, described in this thread http://www.oakleyforum.com/forum-help-rules-suggestions/14428-how-make-exchange-system-better.html Fade out/Merge Oakley Exchange)

ALSO I am in the creative mood lately which is what I think started the Oakley Exchange idea. So is there any major additions to the Oakley Forum you would like to see. Things on other forums you like? i.e New Sections, New look, New features, Marketplace(what we discussed above), User Stores(Users can have stores and sell items), ANYTHING. The sky's the limit!!

I'd probably say option 2 because honestly I haven't seen anything happen on OakleyExchange.com yet.

EDIT: Actually I change mine to option 4.

oakleyexchange.com has only been running a couple of weeks, not enough time to measure it's success or otherwise. Why not give it more time to bed in before chopping and changing again?

Cheers,

oakleyexchange.com has only been running a couple of weeks, not enough time to measure it's success or otherwise. Why not give it more time to bed in before chopping and changing again?

Cheers,

Mostly because of the feedback from members. I have considered keeping the site running, but many members, as the poll shows, would like to see the exchange sections return to the old requirements. Even after the requirements are dropped, the site will continue to run for a few months, as members finish transactions and listings expire. We will not just delete the site overnight.

We may continue to have the site run, make improvements, even if we drop the requirements for the exchange sections.

Back