• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange section suggestions and discussion

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Since the previous thread has been closed, where is the best place to comment/suggest/discuss now?

My view: Enforcing the 48 hour bump rule has improved the Exchange experience.

My question: What do members/the-powers-that-be think about limiting the number of Exchange threads any member can have at a time?

My view: 5 should be the max. I'm sick of seeing 8-12 threads by one member, often all on Page 1. But I'd be happy to use a pay-for-more system. How about 5 for Premium Members, 3 for non-premium members. Premium members can pay for more than 5 at $10 a thread?

Let's face it, most members who have more than 5 Exchange threads probably aren't just doing this as a hobby.

Picture for illustrative purposes only since the member is no longer a member.

Capture4.JPG

Last edited:
Lol. I've always said that. But apparently the cheap people who want their collection to grow and don't want to pay for a membership won out and ruined the exchange section. He was a jerk off anyways. Good riddance. :) Hi Saul!

Sent from: Outer Space

Hoping for views on limiting the number of Exchange threads. No knocking individuals.

Mods - if you close this thread fine but please advise where members can now discuss Exchange related questions. Maybe open the old thread up again so we can pick it up there?

Hoping for views on limiting the number of Exchange threads. No knocking individuals.

Mods - if you close this thread fine but please advise where members can now discuss Exchange related questions. Maybe open the old thread up again so we can pick it up there?

Great idea.

The old thread ended up getting locked because of "asshats" but there's no reason it can't be opened back up I believe.

@OakleyBoss ?

That guy is not even a member any more....so what's the bitch?

None whatsoever. I put the picture to illustrate the issue of too many sale threads at a time, but without finger pointing any current members.

If it distracts from the discussion points I raise I can remove the image.

Or the mods can just open the old thread again.

From discussions public and private with the powers that be, I've concluded that restrictions on the exchange beyond what's in place already has pretty much become a dead horse. At least the bump violation issue got addressed.

But who knows, I could be wrong, people have been known to change their mind.

From discussions public and private with the powers that be, I've concluded that restrictions on the exchange beyond what's in place already has pretty much become a dead horse. At least the bump violation issue got addressed.

But who knows, I could be wrong, people have been known to change their mind.

Thanks. Have the powers-that-be ever explained their thinking?

Maybe others feel less strongly that I do (and I don't care that much).... I dunno.

Thanks. Have the powers-that-be ever explained their thinking?

Maybe others feel less strongly that I do (and I don't care that much).... I dunno.

I feel more comfortable first getting permission before publicly quoting a private post, but let me see if I can accurately summarize using my own words:

The overall question is, "what value does it bring to the community?" Not to the exchange specifically, but to the forum community in general. Additional restrictions provide added control, but more control limits the community and that's not what's desired.

I feel more comfortable first getting permission before publicly quoting a private post, but let me see if I can accurately summarize using my own words:

The overall question is, "what value does it bring to the community?" Not to the exchange specifically, but to the forum community in general. Additional restrictions provide added control, but more control limits the community and that's not what's desired.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

To counter that I would ask what value to the community a single trader brings by monopolising the Exchange with multiple threads? If most traders stick to 3-4 threads surely that is the community standard that everyone should be mindful of?

Not directed at you K - but at anyone with or without authority who cares to weigh in.

Latest Posts

Back