• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Threads

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
One of the forum sites I still visit often has a Market page where sellers can actually close their own thread once the sale/trade has been completed or no longer available. Now is there a possibility that we can add that too? atleast for the Exchange section so it helps out our MODS to not babysit each thread. I like that feature alot. So as a buyer, I won't need to waste my time clicking on a thread that's no longer available and prevents bumping of old threads.

Oh and they also have a a forum rule where you have to have a verified Paypal account to actually post anything on the Market place to avoid scams. You have to submit your name, address and paypal info (email) to the mods so they can verify that it's your Paypal account and you are who you say you are. It's a little over the top i guess but if it protects me from online scammers, I'm all for it.

Just my .02.

Thanks

Ok, I think the first recommendation is really smart, I feel stupid that I didn't think of it before. So I made it so you can close your own threads in the exchange areas. One thing is if you close your own thread, please don't delete the title or change the title to "Sold". It is a nice resource for someone looking to sell a similar good to be able to see when you sold/bought yours, how much you paid and how long it took.

Here is how you close your own thread:
1)Simply go to the toolbar on top of the first post and select "Admisitrative" and on the drop down menu select "Close Thread" and click proceed.

A
s for the second suggestion, I think it is an interesting idea, the only thing is it would put a lot of pressure on the mods, and I don't know if everyone uses verified paypal accounts. I have even shipped items to my non verified paypal address merely because I wasn't going to be home for a few weeks and need my oakley fix. But if other people have thoughts or ideas on this I would be interested to hear them.

Thanks for adding the "Close Thread" feature! as for the 2nd suggestion, it was just a thought. The other site that I go to have alot of buyers/sellers and had alot of incidents that involve sellers scamming other members, that is why the verification rule was put in place. In Oforums case, It's not as massive as the other forum site I go to where there are stuff being sold and bought like 20+ times a day so I don't think we really need it.

Thanks again Boss! :big_boss:

Im undecided about the PP thing as I am sure some members dont use it but... as the forum gets bigger, we will have to be for vigilant to weed out the scammers.

I feel the verified pp acct is a little far. Im all for helping others out, but ultimately, the buyers and sellers are responsible for ensuring they are practicing safe online trading. I feel if it becomes incumbent upon the forum to ensure a verified pp acct, when something goes wrong, there may be ane xpectation that we can fix it, which we cannot.

Figured I'd post here since it has to do with the exchange threads. I used to be able to see them, but now I can't. Did my settings change somehow?

Figured I'd post here since it has to do with the exchange threads. I used to be able to see them, but now I can't. Did my settings change somehow?

you need to at least have 10 posts to be able to see the sales/exchange threads.

The PP thing would be nice, but I don't think its necessary. I have yet to encounter any problems, and hope that I will never have to!

Back