• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exclusive ProzoneUK Oakley Lens Review: First the Ice Blues

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
I've just received the two pairs of lenses today from Chris Spencer (thanks go to @cacatman for his part in setting this up). I must hasten to add, these are PROTOTYPES, so effectively, work in progress. I have been entrusted .......ho-ho-ho...to try out a pair of Blue Polarized etched and a Ruby Polarized etched. Full details for the lenses including which manufacturer used, I'm sworn to secrecy, but note, a VERY BIG player............
The Blues are beautifully cut and appear an almost (haven't measured them so assuming they are)identical size to OEM. The fit is tight, no jangle-jangle here, which is a VERY salient point.
The colour is more akin to a very light blue, an Azure or Arctic than standard Ice Iridium with just a soup-con of green, I've made some comparison photos:

41537793441_cdf3a65fcd_b.jpg
20180418_132848 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

41497454432_e2327b26bb_b.jpg
DSCF5261 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

41497455032_54cc977d1c_b.jpg
DSCF5259 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

You may have also noticed, just how VIVID the lenses are, they are a shocking blue.
The base colour is a Bronze, so, gentle on the eyes during harsh Spring sunlight(I know, in England......shock-horror)which occurred for the entire day. First day was easy, tomorrow I'm going for a little jaunt with my brother, so I'll be giving them (and myself) a little work out. I'll be giving a report of how they faired, later.
As for the Rubys, I'm chomping at the bit, but I will finish giving a fair assessment of the Artic pair first, then, onto the Ruby Polarized.

Latest Posts

Back