• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Excuses For Your Oakleys

I just started collecting, although I do have Razor Blades and M Frames from 1990 and 1991. My wife is very understanding and actually had more Oakleys than me until recently. So far, I've only purchased new glasses with the profits from selling older ones. I was able to buy my new Crankcases, Straight Jackets, and 2 pairs of Fives Squared (one for my wife) with the money from selling my new Crosshair 2.0s and old Ray Ban Predator 8s. I think my wife sees collecting sunglasses as a better alternative to collecting motorcycles (we have 6 now) or buying an airplane (on my to do list). Life is short and we only live once so you should treat yourself now and then, plus I wear my sunglasses constantly for work and play :cool-20::crazypilot::cool-33:

I just started collecting, although I do have Razor Blades and M Frames from 1990 and 1991. My wife is very understanding and actually had more Oakleys than me until recently. So far, I've only purchased new glasses with the profits from selling older ones. I was able to buy my new Crankcases, Straight Jackets, and 2 pairs of Fives Squared (one for my wife) with the money from selling my new Crosshair 2.0s and old Ray Ban Predator 8s. I think my wife sees collecting sunglasses as a better alternative to collecting motorcycles (we have 6 now) or buying an airplane (on my to do list). Life is short and we only live once so you should treat yourself now and then, plus I wear my sunglasses constantly for work and play :cool-20::crazypilot::cool-33:

For me, The Wife was understanding for a couple of weeks until she started seeing how much I was spending...

I like the idea of roping her into The Frenzy; I talked The Wife into a pair of Oaks a few years ago but she never really caught The Bug, perhaps because she kept dropping them and the lenses started popping out, the o-matter frame eventually broke... Now she has a new pair of $400 Tiffany & Co (I bought them for her in exchange for her buying me a pair of NIB Juliets)...

Love the airplane argument - you can buy A LOT of Oaks for the price of an airplane; that excuse can run for a long time...

Me and my girl have separate accounts and have agreed that it will always be that way. I like shoes and shades and she gets that. I also go on to tell her that in prevous relationships I go a lot of crap for buying things that I like and I apprecieate the fact that she doesn't nag me. Killin her with compliments always takes the "you got another pair and they cost how much?" look away. And when I got some grape gascans to send to dr.chop she snatched them outta my hand and said "thanks"... Gotta love her.

I don't have this problem. She buys more than me. Lol

Then gives me "wanted these forever, they were only xxxx dollars, I HAD to get them" excuse. :)

We did the calculation-it's not good. LOL!

i DID that and wifey was thankful (caia koopman ravishing which she loved, some jupiter squares and other wire frames).....
but she is just not THAT into shades so she still notices but keeps quiet, until we have piling expenses that need to be addressed, haha.

good thing i have stopped collecting. simply put, i have all i want and maybe a few i want but not so enticed to get....

Hahahaha I did the exact same thing. Even got her the exact same pair "Caia Koopman Ravishing". She had em on for 30 secs and said they didnt really fit rofl. Then went out and brought a pair of $400 chanel shades at full retail. WTF.

Back