• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Expanding Horizons

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
Since my collection doesn't really follow anything, I'm really thinking about going for more of the sports frames instead of the lifestyle for a little while. I just think that the innovation factor on that end is remarkable. I never have been fond of the M-frames personally, but I walked by a pair of crystal red sweeps with the +red lens, and it is just a remarkable piece of modern/vintage oakley design. It pushes the right buttons for me really. And I need that pair now... Rustpot will be overly joyed I'm sure. :cool:

What other sports frames would be recommended as I'm not quite as familiar with them? I have the new racing jackets and the radar with a couple range lenses at the moment.

Nope, not happy at all. One more person trying to buy M Frames means higher prices for me!

Seriously though, I stand by the M Frame as the best pair ever made. I'm partial to the current frame, and I actually don't have much desire to buy 1st and 2nd Gen frames. And I stick to the biggest two lenses if I can.

After next week I'll be up to something like 10 frames and closer to 20 lenses.

I have no focus... if its cool to me I snag it....

That is too true. It is so difficult to stick to any sort of "theme" per say. I suppose expanding my horizons would be a better way to describe it! I only buy sports frames for that. Sports. I use them for running, hiking, and whatever else involves getting sweaty and gross. I have always just never been super crazy about wearing them at other times. I would love to try to find a really good daily pair that would fall into the "sports" region, hence the sudden desire for a pair of m-frames.

I have been involved with Oakley products for about 5 years or so. Never really collected so to speak. Gathered a few here and there but no real purpose to keep them NIB. Xmetalmaniac and I started to collaborate in 08' and I picked up a tower to start. Just got lucky with that one. Now I want to have something to be proud of. I think the IH series is a great place to start. Being military its even cheaper for me to get the collection. I have the Juliets, which are sold out in the US now, and will now go for the rest. For those of us who are now starting up, the next Gen X metal line will be a perfect way to get what we want without worrying about prices skyrocketing due to discontinued items. All in time. I know some of these members either have unlimited funds or have been doing this for many years. This just gives us starters something to work towards.
Just my 2cents

For me there doesn't really have to be any direction in a collection. I love it when you have quality models and not only "fillers". Most people also need the more fashion oriented glasses. But for other purpose the active lifestyle and sports models.
Just get what you like ;-)

For sports models, definately also get an original Jawbone and the Fast Jacket. Classics like the original Half Jacket also really have to be in a sports glasses collection, of course the original Racing Jacket can not be missing. There are quite some classics that are essential to Oakley and a serious sportsglasses collection.

i picked up a pair of radarlocks a few days ago and am in love with them, i hopefully have some legit jawbones coming in later this week that i got for a killer price so i will see how those are aswell

Back