• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Experience With Canadian Oakley Warranty Department?

HeavyChevy

Oakley Expert
Alberta
Hi. Just wondered if I can get some feedback from anyone who has sent their X-metals in for a tune-up with the Canadian Oakley warranty department? Was it a relatively fast and painless process? Reliable service? And what was the cost? I have some Juliet's and some XX's that could use a tune-up. Thanks in advance.

What exactly is done on an x-metal tune up?
The nose bridge will get re-pinned with new internal rubber gaskets, the temple washers and screws get replaced where the ear-stems hinge at the orbitals and for a Juliet, all rubber parts get replaced i.e. ear socks, temple shocks and nose bombs.
Penny's will get ear socks, XX's & Mars will get ear socks and temple shocks, nose bombs are probably out of stock for those models (at least they are at Euro HQ) and Romeo 2's probably only get a nose bridge re-pin.

Hi. Just wondered if I can get some feedback from anyone who has sent their X-metals in for a tune-up with the Canadian Oakley warranty department? Was it a relatively fast and painless process? Reliable service? And what was the cost? I have some Juliet's and some XX's that could use a tune-up. Thanks in advance.

This was all before I knew about the @THE X-MAN

My experience was terrible ... Brought it in in person... He went into the back room and I heard the loudest banging for 2-3 minutes ...

Came out and told me that I'm 'lucky' they didn't break because 50% of em break and can't be fixed after that ... That their work isn't guaranteed either so if it breaks if my problem not theirs ...

He didn't change any screws, rubber or washers saying they were 'just fine'... ( rubber was stupidly sticky ) and he left me a bag with the rubber in it ... Still costed me 35$ ...

Don't do it ...send it to the American HQ or even better the @THE X-MAN

Edit: they also nicked the inside of the nose piece, part of one of the holes looks bent outwards ...

+1 for the X-Man

I was under the impression Oakley Canada was no longer servicing X-Metals... And for once the cost is lower than south of the border.

Lexkempo sounds like the service guy was a bit of a hack, I wonder if someone else could put a little more heart into it.

Thanks guys. The negative feedback is very helpful too. I am now hesitant to send a 4th gen pair of 24K XX with loose nose bridge to the warranty department for fear of them getting damaged or worse. The X-man sounds like the more reliable way to go.

Thanks guys. The negative feedback is very helpful too. I am now hesitant to send a 4th gen pair of 24K XX with loose nose bridge to the warranty department for fear of them getting damaged or worse. The X-man sounds like the more reliable way to go.
IMO, like @OakleyCan said, I was served by a hack and so might you...if you value your 24k send it elsewhere...

We've all see what @thexman can do...now the choice is up to you

IMO, like @OakleyCan said, I was served by a hack and so might you...if you value your 24k send it elsewhere...

We've all see what @thexman can do...now the choice is up to you
Can't comment on Canadian Warranty dept. I'm in the U.K. so have only ever had dealings with originally Oakley U.K. and then after all the Luxottica changes, Euro HQ., but I'd agree with @Lexkempo, if you have any doubts AT ALL, don't hesitate to send them to @THE X-MAN. Guaranteed to come back tighter than an Oakley tune up, last longer (probably never need a re-pin again) and will be carefully looked after. Never heard or seen one negative comment about the quality of his workmanship and currently own 3 examples of his work (via. forum members) with one more on the way back from him soon (cheers Mark) :).

Back