• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Extravagant Shipping And Handling.

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
I just won an auction on eBay for a single tier plastic display stand.

Initially, when I saw the auction, it calculated the postage at $24.95

I contacted the seller to inquire and he responded, saying it was a mistake. If I bid on the item, he would only charge me the actual shipping cost.

I won the auction and now he wants $11.03 for shipping and handling.

I hope it isn't anyone on this forum. Seller says he loves Oakley and sells and ships Oakley items all the time.

He set the starting price, I placed the only bid, and I won the auction.

Ugh

Last edited:
Where is the package coming from? Is it insured? Is it Priority? Delivery Confirmation? Shipping is expensive. What do you expect it to be?

I have a 2 tier plastic stand. It weighs almost nothing. I'm willing to be reasonable here. No way it would cost $11.03 to ship it to me.

I'm fully aware of the cost of shipping. I've sold items here and on eBay.

I'm not asking for expedited shipping.

USPS can get the item to me, in a padded envelope, with delivery confirmation for less than $5.

Last edited:
Unless it's out of the states, there is no f**king way it should cost that much to ship.

Shipping a black plastic stand just cost me $2.49...... I disassembled it and it fit in a bubble mailer the size of a CD. Ive seen many auctions that I want to hit the BIN button until I glance at the shipping costs...one crafty/BS way to screw someone over. Ebay should have a "cap" on shipping costs of certain items.

It could be he's putting it in a box and sending via UPS. To send a small box with glasses costs $6 for priority on USPS but on UPS they wanted like $12.

They cant put a cap on shipping costs but sellers pay a % of the shipping fees right along with the selling price. They did that to discourage $.99 auctions with $100 shipping on items.

Offer $5 to ship in case he has to buy the envelope and run it to the post office. If it ends up being too much all together just walk away.

Back