• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Extreme Carbon Blade Lens Variances

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
Check this out. I've got 2 pairs of Carbon Blade Polished Carbon/OO Red Polar here. The lens variances are pretty shocking, probably the most I've seen between 2 identical pairs of Oakleys.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406579186.362368.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406579197.444947.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406579217.146394.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406579231.264359.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406579239.848264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406579249.099382.jpg

I'd be inclined to get selective at the store if I had to get a pair.. Sure, at the end of they day it's probably doing the same exact quality job functionally, but if I ended up with the darker one I'd kinda be pooped.

I know finish variances aren't anything new (lol +Red), but this is some serious night/day.

I think mine are closer to the darker color. What are you doing with a second pair anyway?
I knew that was going to come up :). I couldn't pass up the deal on my second pair. I was going to try and swap the components of an ice pair to have a polished/ice combo. That is not going to happen... I might just paint the icons blue and pop some ice lenses into them. I was shocked to find the different lens colors.
I've never seen one that looks like the bottom one, they've all looked like the top
. These are the only 2 pairs I've seen in person. There's a pretty big difference.
I'd be inclined to get selective at the store if I had to get a pair.. Sure, at the end of they day it's probably doing the same exact quality job functionally, but if I ended up with the darker one I'd kinda be pooped.

I know finish variances aren't anything new (lol +Red), but this is some serious night/day.
I like the bottom pair substantially more than the top. It was also the second pair that I received.
Looks a lot like a Ferrari Carbon Blade lens.... Ruby Polarized....
It almost does have a Ruby hue to it at certain angles. The lens looks really good on the bottom pair to me.

You and your deals! Do you look for these deals.....or do they just fall into your lap?

Can you tell I am a bit jelly?:)
I look for them, and sometimes they fall into my lap. This particular one fell into my lap though ;).

Latest Posts

Back