• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye Jacket 2.0 Black Chrome - Cutting BIP

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
Thanks mates.

@ Q,
it was a three step process: paper, rough shaped lenses (used scratched lenses), final cut

Maybe this is a dumb question...but don't Eye Jacket 1.0 lenses fit 2.0 also? I've seen people selling lenses on eBay and claiming that they fit both.

Hey Marc2040 - did you buy those from the guy in Hungary?

Maybe this is a dumb question...but don't Eye Jacket 1.0 lenses fit 2.0 also? I've seen people selling lenses on eBay and claiming that they fit both.

The offered lenses fit Eye Jacket 1.0 (Gen1) and New Eye Jacket 1.0 (Gen2), but not Eye Jacket 2.0.

Thanks. All you need is patience :sorry:
Das, und das passende Werkzeug.
Leck mich am Ärmel... das hast du super hingekriegt. Saubere Arbeit!

(Yeah, in case y'all are wondering... I watched a lot of Hogan's Heroes reruns as a kid)

BTW...Marc, you gotta change your location. You aren't located in Bavaria. You're in Franconia! :laugh:

Good skills, the result looks perfect. I also have a set of empty Eye Jacket 2.0 frames and I would like to do the same custom cut.
I have not got my donor lenses yet and wanted to ask.

Are the Split Jacket lenses best for this project? The custom cutting thread does not mention EJ 2.0's

Edit: Props to Oakley customer service. I called to ask if they had any lenses in stock, of course they said no.
However they were happy to offer a 40% discount on any lenses from the current range.

Good skills, the result looks perfect. I also have a set of empty Eye Jacket 2.0 frames and I would like to do the same custom cut.
I have not got my donor lenses yet and wanted to ask.

Are the Split Jacket lenses best for this project? The custom cutting thread does not mention EJ 2.0's

Edit: Props to Oakley customer service. I called to ask if they had any lenses in stock, of course they said no.
However they were happy to offer a 40% discount on any lenses from the current range.

If I had to do it again, I would take Split Jacket lenses again.
Especially the "POLARIZED" etching has the perfect curve.