• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye Jacket arm weakness, any suggestions?

speedshades420

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

there is almost definitely a repair thread already in existence so sorry for starting this one.

the arm on my eye jackets keep repeatedly snapping off when putting on which never used to happen so I think the plastic pin has just worn a bit too much.

has anyone have any experience with what might work as a repair, I really don't want to have to perma glue the arm on meaning it can't be folded.

thanks for any insights! :)

IMG_2315 Small.jpeg

IMG_2316 Small.jpeg

IMG_2317 Small.jpeg

Hey guys,

there is almost definitely a repair thread already in existence so sorry for starting this one.

the arm on my eye jackets keep repeatedly snapping off when putting on which never used to happen so I think the plastic pin has just worn a bit too much.

has anyone have any experience with what might work as a repair, I really don't want to have to perma glue the arm on meaning it can't be folded.

thanks for any insights! :)

View attachment 975569

View attachment 975570

View attachment 975571
Some people just put a layer of nail polish or some other paint on the pins and that’s enough to keep them from popping off

Back