• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Eye Jacket (New, FMJ)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking to buy a pair of Eye Jackets, Preferrably in silver or white :)

I used to have some when I was a kid (in the 90s).

Some people reacted to this post.
You say Silver(FMJ You mean, there are four different colourways 45mm, 5.56, 7.62 and 9mm in this type and there are two different Whites ?). Pearl White and an Ivory White?
I think you mean either the 5.56mm or 7.62mm, because they are the shiniest 'Silver', but you're going to have look into this yourself.

Also, you say 1st Gen, are you looking at wearing these, because the O Matter they're made from can deteriorate over the almost three decades they've existed for. You may want to consider the Eye Jacket, New. Identical to look at as the First Gen, bar the hinges and Icon, which are improvements on the original and make them them less likely to snap at the hinge. There is no Ivory or FMJ 7.62mm available in the New, however, there is an FMJ White instead.

Last edited:
Hi @Funky-Trixtar - thanks for all the info!

Going to be wearing them a-lot so I think your right that I should go with the "Eye Jacket, New".
Honestly all the FMJ silvers look amazing, and yes I meant the Pearl whites.

p.s. is Dennis Rodman wearing regular Eye Jackets in this pic? they seem a bit bigger/rounder to me, but I could be tripping.

rodman-iconic.jpeg

Username Hidden said:

Going to be wearing them a-lot so I think your right that I should go with the "Eye Jacket, New".

p.s. is Dennis Rodman wearing regular Eye Jackets in this pic? they seem a bit bigger/rounder to me, but I could be tripping.

View attachment 987070
Those are Trenchcoats Dennis is wearing. And yes Much Bigger.

Username Hidden said:

View attachment 987070
Not Eye Jackets, he'd never get them around his melon without them breaking: those are FMJ 7.62mm Trenchcoats, a larger version of EJ'S, and still with the ultra fragile hinges as per the 1st Gen EJ's.

Username Hidden said:

View attachment 987070
You most likely want Eye Jacket new in FMJ 556 or FMJ 762 as stated above.

Also Eye Jacket New in Pearl White.

Username Hidden said:
You most likely want Eye Jacket new in FMJ 556 or FMJ 762 as stated above. Also Eye Jacket New in Pearl White.
Yep I think that's what I'm searching 4 ✨

bump!