• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye Jackets - 1.0 Vs New

tweak4

Oakley Beginner
Can anyone highlight the differences between the 1.0 and "New" Eye Jackets and/or how to tell them apart?
I bought a pair back around 2000, but I don't remember exactly when, and the pictures on O-Review look similar enough that I'm questioning which ones I actually have.
The frames are in great shape for being worn daily for the better part of a decade, but the lenses are completely beat to hell, so I was thinking about getting an aftermarket set of lenses to stick in them. I just figured I should determine exactly what I have first so I can find something that will fit.
(And on a related note, if anyone happens to have a spare set of eye jacket lenses laying around, PM me!)

The icon is the easiest way to tell. The first version has the icon moulded in the stem. The New Eye Jacket has the metal icon attached to the stem.

That makes sense. I actually found the following image that I believe shows the two together

http://flickriver.com/photos/44359033@N03/4083177837/

4083177837_b658088e93_o.jpg

I guess the question now is- are the lenses the same? I've found an outfit that sells 1.0 replacement lenses, but I'm not seeing anything for New. My frames are at home, so I can't check right now, but I'm thinking mine are the New version...

Yes the lenses are interchangeable, I have pirated a few pair of 1.0 for my new EJ's. They were the first pair of Oakley's I ever had and I have a special place in my heart for them.

Back