• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eyepatch 2 - Broken Frame

Sucks ... Someone here was quoting 50% earlier (Toronto?) ...

Maybe they give different discounts because you broke the frames and not that they don't carry new lenses?

Could be. Oh well. It's an option I guess. But I will probably just wait until the end of summer and I have another 400 available to use through my group benefits. For now I may just sell the holbrook pair I have and use that towards some EP2s

Could be. Oh well. It's an option I guess. But I will probably just wait until the end of summer and I have another 400 available to use through my group benefits. For now I may just sell the holbrook pair I have and use that towards some EP2s
I've share of that before ... Group benefits that can go towards sunglasses ...

Lol

I can't even imagine ...

I've share of that before ... Group benefits that can go towards sunglasses ...

Lol

I can't even imagine ...
I just have to get a very small prescription. I had lasik done a few years ago but my right eye is 1 click weak. Barely anything. But enough for a prescription :)

I'm wondering if there is any possible way to fix these frames. I've tried some kind of epoxy with limited success. I am curious if anyone else has had frames break like this and have been able to successfully repair them.

20160426_231708_zpslcpuyhl2.jpg
I've read some have had success with Gorilla glue but using GG can be tricky since it expands as it cures and takes time. I have not tried it yet as I'm still working on something to stabilize the frames while the GG cures.

I can tell you I have tried Loctite's plastic repair (has an activator you prime with then apply the glue). This did NOT work on a pair of original Fives that were broken on the nose bridge.

I haven't had time try the GG option yet.

If I ever get around to it, I will post.

Attachments

• 20160426_231708_zpslcpuyhl2.jpg
    20160426_231708_zpslcpuyhl2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 275
I've got a pair of fives with a crack where it looks as it will break as the OP ones, any tips on how to prevent?
Im thinking either super glue or acetone.

eh, yes and no...depends on the break. I have done some with glues, some with a lot more, like the rig because it was such a thin area to repair...but it won't break there again...

no, I didn't do a write up...sorry. epoxy isn't rigid enough though, that I can tell you.

What glue would you reccomend, Superglue?

Latest Posts

Back