• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eyepatch Replacement?

??? He asked about Eyepatches. Canteens aren't even close!

I wish I had some info... Sadly I doubt it since they don't appear to a super hot seller.

??? He asked about Eyepatches. Canteens aren't even close!

I wish I had some info... Sadly I doubt it since they don't appear to a super hot seller.

Stylistically the temples on the canteen and the original Eyepatch are similar and the original Eyepatch was significantly smaller (than the EP2). In terms of the EP2, no it doesn't sell great and niether did the Big Taco in stores. Oakley does seem to want to move away from their larger two lens frames because they don't sell well but in terms of an aggressive looking frame the Canteen should fair well as an alternative.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I wouldn't say the original eyepatch is "significantly" smaller than the ep2. It's just a tiny bit smaller.

ay7hv5.jpg

Now this is an ep2 compared to the new canteen. I wouldn't say they're close at all considering the ep2 is a lifestyle piece and the canteen is more of an active piece. Also it is much smaller.

vw2s1.jpg

Those canteens look pretty small. I have a big head so the EP was a good fit. Big Taco fit fine but I just don't like the look

Man, there sure is some passion in this thread. Personally I always thought Garage Rocks and the Jupiters were silly big.

Back