• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eyeshade Trophy

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wanted to get a Trophy for the collection and wasn't able to get a Grenade Trophy off a local guy here. Managed to score an Eyeshade Skull Trophy from interstate.

Love it!

View attachment 332536
IMG_7371.JPG
View attachment 332537
IMG_7369.JPG
IMG_7370.JPG

How can I tell? It looks fairly detailed.

First, congrats on the trophy. It looks great and is a good addition.

As for how to tell it is a fake, it is very difficult. Non 3D printed trophies can be recasted with a very high degree of accuracy. Any imperfections can be written off as part of the design. The trophies were created with details that are perfectly imperfect so that each one is unique.

Most fakes come without the name plate. It is extremely easy to replicate the name or award title plate, but many fakes don't go that extra mile. They will in the future but not right now. I think it is assumed that any trophy coming out of Oakley will have a name or title plate. This may not be 100% the case all the time as I have seen some from HQ without a plate but it is usually the case.

Congratulations again on the trophy, it will look fantastic on display.

Last edited:
Love this piece, first one I have seen and best looking imo out of the trophies I've seen.

Latest Posts

Back