• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eyeshades And Razorblade RE-RELEASE! 30 Year Editions

wow.. pretty cool that there retroing the razorblades again, might have to get 1-2-3 pairs, I just hope the price isn't too crazy.

The Razorblades got a limited re-release in 2010 I believe, and didn't exactly fly off the shelves. The Oki-Ni and STPL eyeshades sold but they were very limited edition and unique colour ways.

We have had some very exciting news from Oakley today - they are rumored to be re-releasing the Eyeshades and Razorblades as 30 Year Anniversary Editions.

Thankfully, we managed to collate some cool info, pics and video for you guys. Check out the link and stuff below...

What do you guys think of these possible re-releases?

CLICK; http://www.shadestation.co.uk/campaign/Retrospectacles-Oakley-Sunglasses-Gone-Retro.html

I take it the eyeshades are not going to have the foam pads or drilled lens. I brought eyeshades with the foam pads & drilled lens in 87. It would have been nice to buy a pair 27 years layer with everything. The original price was £59 for the eyeshades, £12 for pack of three foam pads & £22 for grey drilled lens

Like ShadeStation mentioned, those prices are not final.

imo even Luxoakittca would be nuts to price like that, especially if they're not made in USA (can anyone confirm). Only justification I'd see is if they're extremely limited.

Whew I can finally say YAY about this! Heard it a few months back and was sworn to secrecy. I do not have too much more info. I was told the die was being used as a display table somewhere before being brought out of retirement to make EyeShade.

I am stoked because I told our VP of Sales (who I heard info from) that I needed a new lens for my original pair and he told me he would make sure I got one. Now I just need to stay on him to remind him.

Don't keep all the good info to yourself Jared! Please tell me you have some positive news about a future Frogskins release? I'm praying for something decent around the corner, everything has been pretty 'meh' for a couple of years now.

Cool! $300 cool? No F'in way!

$150 max. For pairs that sold for $50 when they were new. No HDO, no XYZ, etc.

Also, does anyone else think those look more like Blades than RazorBlades?

Back