• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglass Hut Oakleys - Be Careful

without question, the oil rig that was exclusive to sgh was black with silver text - black irid 24-001, the first glass with a 24 code, flat icon first gen, with brown square o box. it lived and died a sgh only piece. the later 2nd gen version was available for longer, and a general issue.

without question, the oil rig that was exclusive to sgh was black with silver text - black irid 24-001, the first glass with a 24 code, flat icon first gen, with brown square o box. it lived and died a sgh only piece. the later 2nd gen version was available for longer, and a general issue.

Nice clear up sir. I picked up a pair of those for like $40 from a family friend one time,and sold them on craigslist for $90 the same day.
I should of kept them...
It was along time ago.

I believe you are mistaken on that, I know because I bought my pair of Gen 1 Black with Text Oil Rigs from an O Store. It was an originally a SGH exclusive but was shipped to O Stores towards the end of life for the Gen 1's.

I actually have had pretty good service from most of the sunglass huts near me (which is a LOT). I live on Hawaii and there are sunglass huts EVERYWHERE! There are like 2 in every mall including the "sunglass hut" section in macy's. The employees are really nice (the ones i have met). I exchanged my glasses 6 times and didn't give me a hard time. But i do agree you need to ask for a new pair not one that has been on display. I bought one which was on display before and it was all stretched and scratched. Even if they say it's a new pair it may not be. I also once bought one that they said was new but had scratched on the arms. So you really need to inspect them in the store and make sure there is not scratches and it fits good.

O-Review listed the black plaid with warm grey Antix as an SGH exclusive. I know that O Stores carry the black plaid with a polarized lens but was the regular lens ones every available at O Stores? I'm trying to track down a pair of black plaid with regular lenses so I can swap them out for some Ice Iridiums.

^^ there's a pair of those at my local SGH and i'll be going by there tomorrow so i'll check it out for you if you want, might only have the display pair in stock though LOL.

Latest Posts

Back