• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

F.s Carbon Juliets

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Right then I have a pair of carbon juliets with rx emerald lenses. Now I know the lenses aren't worth anything but the frame could be used for a custom job. I no longer need prescription so I can't wear these.

The nose piece is good but there is a slight bit of play but not as bad as I have seen previously. There is a very tiny bit of
corrosion on the right nose pin which is hardly noticeable and I've tried to photograph. Bar that the frame is in excellent
condition

As the were an rx job they don't come with a box just the sock and the xmetal case.

I've no idea on these price wise but I'll say £130 including postage and PayPal fee or for my American friends $160 posted. Please bear in this is for both the frame and lenses as I don't have the tool to remove the lenses so rather than damage the frame I'll send it as a whole.

I'll listen to offers on these as I know it's an unusual item to sell.

9544f574.jpg

1aff2171.jpg

3a910f09.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
maybe post the degree on the lens? someone may strike it lucky. if the lenses are thrash though, then $200 is slightly steep for what it is (just frame)

That's the problem with the uk prices.. Here they start at £300 ($459 usd), taking into consideration that replacement lenses are anything up £90 I think £130 Uk price is quite reasonable. In the U.S they start at $350 which is £230 so you can see the price difference. Still they would be no use to me unless I get some replacement lenses but I have no real interest in doing that.

Regarding the rx spec I wouldn't be comfortable doing that.. I'd run the risk of gettin struck off!

Further to my previous post what is the general consensus about what they are worth?

For the actual frame itself, considering the lenses probably would need replacement, $120 ish. I'm coming up with that number since I got a new Carbon frame with emerald for $200.

idk what they're worth, but 200 for something i'd have to put lenses in seems like a lot to me.

Damn the exchange rate! I'll take your advise.. Price lowered!

Hmm I wouldn't say as low as $120. These are an x metal frame we are talking about. I'd say the frame probably at least 150.00. Frames by themselves in mint condition sell on ebay between 180-200 easily. Plus, carbon is harder to come by than say x metal or plasma.

I feel the price at $160 is quite fair. If I hadn't just bought your Frogs I'd be interested in these.

i still think the RX lenses shouldnt be disregarded.. if someone has the same prescription it could be exactly what they were looking for.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.