• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

F S Romeo 1 Ruby Iridium Exovista Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I was going through some boxes and came across these still in there original box, and never installed. Figured I would see if anyone could use them as my romeo's have the original lenses and mostly stay in my display. These are Exovista Romeo 1 Ruby Iridium lenses. $35.00 shipped... US only free shipping....

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people reacted to this post.
haha, i like how exovista's got the ruby iridium finish better than Oakley actually has now. those are beauts, but i just got replacements for mine! Otherwise i would get them.. has anyone tried to hydrophobic coat exovista lenses?

Username Hidden said:
haha, i like how exovista's got the ruby iridium finish better than Oakley actually has now. those are beauts, but i just got replacements for mine! Otherwise i would get them.. has anyone tried to hydrophobic coat exovista lenses?

I am sure it would work without an issue...

thanks thats good to know

How well do the Exovista lenses compare to the OE lenses? I might consider them if I don't like how the OE ruby looks when I buy my Juliets.

I like my Exovista lenses, the clarity and curve is as good as original, my only biff is its not hydrophobic but that can be applied. their colour range is more vibrant than stock. So far i've got standbys for my Juliet, Penny and Romeo (just colors i couldnt get from OEM), and if hydrophobic coated would be as good as OE. Exovista also uses a similar thickness of lens as OEM, which means a more robust lens AND also probably means similar refractive indices, so less chance for distortion (assuming polycarbonate grade is the same).

PS sometimes the lenses dont quite fit right (cutting error), so dont leave feedback till you received your lenses and tried them.. they are pretty good about sending replacements in my experience..

These lenses are new and have never been installed. Oakley never made an OE Ruby for the Romeo 1 ...Dont let anyone fool you. I bought this because I planned on making an Xmetal/Ruby shelf in my collection, but I decided not too, as the collection went a different way.

I was just curious about the quality of the Exovista lenses in general. I tend to see Walleva lenses all over eBay and the reports on them are hit or miss. If the Juliets fit me nicely enough and I'm not happy with the shade of the OE Ruby lenses, then I'll consider what Exovista has to offer. I'll be finding out Thursday if they fit or not as we are headed to Park City for the afternoon and I definitely plan on dropping by the Vault up there (Not paying their prices though, not unless the guy I talked to was jerking me around).

cool good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.