• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Lite or Carbon Jupiter's?

I have two JFL and one JC. I can honestly say hands down the JFL is better looking, feeling (to the touch/handling while not wearing), and overall just better quality. I have the blk and aluminum ones, aluminum with ice (as pictured above) is best looking. In my opinion it's the only thing Oakley has done in recent years that gives the X metal a run for its money.

That said... The JC is more comfortable to wear. The nose fits better, it much lighter, has more give and has good thermal properties. The JFL will really absorb the temp, if it's cold they are cold and vice versa. Also the JFL seem to make my face sweat...

That said (;)) if i had to choose I would still go JFL because the overall quality is just incredible. But for practical reasons the regular JC is a good pick to.

image.jpg
They just look great

Yep those are exactly what I am liking. How do I know if they are factory lites? I know on the inside it will say it but anything else? Was this specific frame/lens combo the only jupiter it came in?
Well from pictures (I'll try and post a close up) about the only way to really tell is to look closely at the frame. The JFL will have a seam where the aluminum screwed together. It's hard to spot in pics though. But honestly the aluminum and ice lense is exclusive to the JFL so your pretty safe there.
image.jpg
its not great but you can see the seem

I am wanting a pair of JFL's but they are getting harder to find. I may pick up at pair of JC's while i wait for the perfect pair of JFL's

The JFL is discontinued which is why it's so hard to find these. If you have the cash to get a carbon while waiting for the JFL you should do it! The carbon is nice because it doesn't get so cold, the metal gets chilly on the JFL.

Been huntin' for these for a bit, every time someone post a new pic in the WOAYWT I start again (this pair included)! I think I got mine today... I hope they are up to par!

I really like my JFL's very nice combination of materials.......

_DSC5526 copy.jpg

That said I also really like my Jupiter Squared they are a very comfortable frame to wear

_DSC5510 copy.jpg

Latest Posts

Back