• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Lite or Carbon Jupiter's?

The JFL is discontinued which is why it's so hard to find these. If you have the cash to get a carbon while waiting for the JFL you should do it! The carbon is nice because it doesn't get so cold, the metal gets chilly on the JFL.

Thanks for the input. I want to pull the trigger on some polarized Carbon's ASAP. But I am still looking everyday for a pair of JFL's

Carbon for sure. I have the black/ice colorway and I love them. They fell a bit lighter than JFL, although I didn't notice any difference in the actual fit when I originally tried both on. I like the black frame cuz it mellows out the frame, so it goes better with more of what I wear.

Those lenses can be modified to fit, but will not fit directly. All three are a little different, but JFLs are the smallest.
They do actually fit directly. I've put chrome polarized Jupiter squared lenses in my Carbons just to check them out (and they look sweeeet against the silvery arms). Haven't tried with JFL though.

They do actually fit directly...Haven't tried with JFL though.
Sorry, I misread, I thought it was saying they're all interchangeable. :slow: Squared will fit in carbon (they are a little smaller), but need to be trimmed for JFLs. JFLs are too small for carbons. I don't have a Squared but I think JFLs are too small and Carbons are a bit of a stretch...Umm I think I just confused myself:crazy:

JFL all the way. It's insane to pay a higher price for O matter orbitals, when the look of the glasses is identical. You can get the same CF ear stems and precision machined air craft aluminum orbitals or you can spend more money and get O matter orbitals, pointless. Might as well just get a pair of Jup Squares. Go for the JFL

Back