• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Lite or Carbon Jupiter's?

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
The more I see them the more I like the Jupiter style. I'm looking at getting a pair of them and wondering which ones everyone prefers? I have narrowed my search down to a few different styles with ice lenses and the first is a carbon set with ice iridium polarized. I have also seen a carbon with the matte brushed silver with ice iridium lenses. Any input on these? Also, what characteristics can I look for to determine what model I am looking at?
Thanks everyone!

Factory Lite has aluminum orbitals. They fit a little more snug.

Factory carbon have O Matter orbitals. They fit better for large/wider heads.

I thought it was ridiculous for Oakley to release the carbons, change the orbitals to plastic, then charge more than the lites for them. All depends on what fits you better. The value is definitely in the lites over the carbon with the aluminum material. My factory lites are my most worn pairs because the fold slim to keep in my suit pockets and can be worn dressed up or down. It's nice to know that I can't accidentally break them by sitting on them either. They're very durable.

Its just a matter of metal or plastic? Jfl for me.

Yeah agree. I love the look of the Carbon Jupiter, but metal Oakleys are always a preference for me. If you haven't already, go to a local Oakley Store/Sunglasshut and try both on. Some people don't like the weight of a Jupiter Factory lite vs O Matter.

Yeah agree. I love the look of the Carbon Jupiter, but metal Oakleys are always a preference for me. If you haven't already, go to a local Oakley Store/Sunglasshut and try both on. Some people don't like the weight of a Jupiter Factory lite vs O Matter.
Yer sir i did have a carbon once but returned it i dont like the plastic feel. I did instead got me 2 jfls blue pola instead they are cheaper now than the plastics.

Back