• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fair Price For Display Case?

Ryan_C

Oakley Expert
IN
Not sure if anyone reading this knew of how I need more space, but I am thinking I need to try and sell my Single Wide XMetal display case. I am thinking I need to have my case sold or lined up with a seller before I get a double wide.

What kind of price range is a fair price? I really don't what to ship, so hopefully someone would be willing to drive a little way.

Thanks for reading and helping in this discussion.

i see them on ebay for 500-1000 i know there was a local one around me the guy wanted 900 for and too me that is a little steep. i think the price range really depends on what else is in your area. if there are a lot of cases then it is going to be lower if not then start high and see what happens.

Ideally I would like to get $700 after everything is said and done, or it's not really worth trying to sell. Selling it would help me subsidize my new case since I'm not one of the lucky ones in NY to find 2 double wides and 2 single wides for $400 picked up.

I guess I just needed to list it and see if there is anyone in the market.

I think the prices are left to strictly the area you live if you are trying to sell locally. Places like California I know there are a bunch for sale right now and prices are going for the 600 to 800 range but there is a larger demand for them. In south Carolina where I live, not many come up for sale but when they do the most I have seen a single listed was for 500 and then I talked the guy down to 250 and the most I payed for either of my doubles was 430. So I think price is based on where you live and how many collectors are In that area.

Yea there right it just goes by area it may take you a long time to sell it for $700 but just put it out there and see!

I think the prices are left to strictly the area you live if you are trying to sell locally. Places like California I know there are a bunch for sale right now and prices are going for the 600 to 800 range but there is a larger demand for them. In south Carolina where I live, not many come up for sale but when they do the most I have seen a single listed was for 500 and then I talked the guy down to 250 and the most I payed for either of my doubles was 430. So I think price is based on where you live and how many collectors are In that area.

I totally agree with what you said. I was explaining almost this exact same concept yesterday to my fiancé. Luckily I have some great people here and locally that is supporting my double wide fund by purchasing listed sunglasses. Might have to come up with another list of glasses to sell.

Back