• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fair price for Primitive frogskins?

lambeth

Oakley Beginner
Hello members,

I have been wanting to get a pair of Primitive Frogskins for quite a while now but either didn't have the funds available at the time of seeing them being sold or there were just none available. Their is a pair going for auction on eBay and staring price is $499.97 USD for everything. It went without any bids for that price last week and is up for purchase again.

I know the market for Frogskins has dropped substantially of late so am wondering if $499.97/$500 is worth a bid? They look to be in mint condition but I am not sure if they are currently worth $500, what are your thoughts?

Any opinions are appreciated

Hello members,

I have been wanting to get a pair of Primitive Frogskins for quite a while now but either didn't have the funds available at the time of seeing them being sold or there were just none available. Their is a pair going for auction on eBay and staring price is $499.97 USD for everything. It went without any bids for that price last week and is up for purchase again.

I know the market for Frogskins has dropped substantially of late so am wondering if $499.97/$500 is worth a bid? They look to be in mint condition but I am not sure if they are currently worth $500, what are your thoughts?

Any opinions are appreciated
mouse clicker
Thanks i found the solution!

THEIR WORTH BUYING!!! VERY LIMITED!!! Every so often you'll be fortunate to come across them.
Its to be understood then $500 is a Fair price in your opinion for a preowned pair w/o box?

I'm looking for a Pair of Oakley Frogskins Gentei?

If you're ISO/WTB ( in search of / want to buy) a particular pair of Frogskins, you are better off creating a thread in the Frogskins Exchange section (link below). Rather than hijacking another individual thread, as that's a bit rude, but also because this isn't the exchange.

Preowned without box... Well usually a collector like me would want all original. Is it just missing the box? Does it have the extra ear stems? Lightning Microfiber bag? Depends on frame and lens condition too. Oakley Papers included too...Condition and everything included matters.

They'd haft to be brand new. With everything original to be worth $500.00... If it's just sunglasses? Preowned without nothing but sunglasses? I would try to bargain. But I would rather wait you might come across a better on a new pair. Who knows how long that will be. There out there.

Here's a pair from 2009. I bought them for like $350 in 2009 Brand new for like $350. Sold them in 2011 for $750.00... I missed them so I waited to find another pair at a great price. In 2018 I purchased a pair brand new for $550.00.

VZM.IMG_20181221_163844.jpg

Latest Posts

Back