• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Alpha Decays

XdoomedX

Oakley Beginner
I recently bought alpha decays off of ebay and noticed that there was no "made in the usa" on the legs, then I saw that the oakley logo on the right leg had these "ridges" on it and scratched away the paint off of the "A" as seen in the 2nd pic. Could anyone else compare with their alpha decays? Also these came with no box and a standard black oakley bag.
ouA2jt3.jpg

vaTmyjW.jpg

Frogs no longer say "made in the USA" on newer models. As for the quality I dont know what to say but it wouldnt surprise me lately...
They look pretty legit to me, fakes dont tend to get fancy with paint like that, not that I have seen yet anyway.

thats what I meant ti say, no longer SAY made in usa
At least up till the Aquatiques they still did.
On these Alpha Decays, only thing fishy to me might be the O logo between 55 and 17.
Otherwise, looks authentic.
But then, I don't own an Alpha Decay Frog.:cool-33:

As noted in another thread I just got a fake Old Glory and to be honest the frame looks exactly like a real one to me on the print. Everything is exactly the same and in the same spots, mine just didnt have any numbers on it and the wrong tint of lens. Makes me wonder if the fake frames and the real frames are coming from the same place.

As noted in another thread I just got a fake Old Glory and to be honest the frame looks exactly like a real one to me on the print. Everything is exactly the same and in the same spots, mine just didnt have any numbers on it and the wrong tint of lens. Makes me wonder if the fake frames and the real frames are coming from the same place.
The box labels on the Aquatiques say "Assembled in U.S." even though the inside arm still reads "MADE IN U.S.A."
That suspicion of the fakes coming from the same source as the real Frogs, I already had that feeling 2-3 years back.
At least the frames, because back then, the lenses fit awkward, maybe because lenses were still made in the USA then.
Now, chances are, everything is made overseas (China? Mexico? Thailand? Vietnam?), then merely assembled in the US.

Wrong lenses blank box and no markings sounds like a fake to me. Even sample pairs I have seen are marked and have correct lenses. Am I way off base here?

Back