• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake EB 3ds

Id love to see an Iridium coating machine in person. I'm assuming you have access to one?

No but it's easy enough to replicate such that the only way you can tell the difference is to fork over money to do a chemical test. It's up to,you if you wish to believe it or not. The feedback is offered freely. I know you want to believe Iridium is suppose to be this magical material but it really isn't. It's superheated metallic oxides applied to another material. A mirror coating on a frame isn't impossible to replicate to 100 percent accuracy on a frame.

Last edited:
I think I'll stay with my HQ pairs rather than that, but I guess the point is you'd like me to change my impossible statement. Ok it's possible to recreate but I'd say 99.9% of people wouldn't bother. If your concern is that I did these. I can promise I didn't. Best I can Do... There is always one that has to rain on something unique. Let me say an all white frame (eb3d) is easier for the regular person to replicate. than getting Iridium coating on a frame. I'll be sure to change my impossible statement for you. This is one of the reasons i try not to chime in as much anymore. It just sucks the fun out of it. I guess I just half expected for people to like and appreciate the photo rather than downplay it as some boring custom. Thanks for the information.

I think I'll stay with my HQ pairs rather than that, but I guess the point is you'd like me to change my impossible statement. Ok it's possible to recreate but I'd say 99.9% of people wouldn't bother. If your concern is that I did these. I can promise I didn't. Best I can Do... There is always one that has to rain on something unique. Let me say an all white frame (eb3d) is easier for the regular person to replicate. than getting Iridium coating on a frame. I'll be sure to change my impossible statement for you. This is one of the reasons i try not to chime in as much anymore. It just sucks the fun out of it. I guess I just half expected for people to like and appreciate the photo rather than downplay it as some boring custom. Thanks for the information.

Don't stop chiming in cause of one or two bitter, butt-hurt haters....most of us love seeing your rarities and enjoy the info provided by knowledgeable collectors such as @Romeo Van Frogskinstein and yourself. Thanks for sharing:agree:

I liked and enjoyed it:cool-20: I love seeing some rare and different stuff.

I would also say a collector at @Romeo Van Frogskinstein level has no reason to be dishonest or embellish what he has.

Wow, you are a very sensitive person. First off I didn't mean to allude to you doing it yourself and being a custom. I didn't think my comment would have even been taken in such a way. If you took it as such then I apologize. I have no doubt yours came from HQ. Second, it doesn't matter to me if you change your impossible staetement or not. The intended audience was more for the wider collecting community that may consider buying any imminent fakes from less trust worthy sources, and that it is not impossible to replicate if they are buying based on an impossible outcome. Third, you will need thicker skin if you want to be on message forums. If complete strangers suck the fun out of this for you, then that;s a problem. Otherwise best luck to you in your collecting.

The SoulFulFrog remark "I guess what OG is saying is that even with a letter from EB it's still possible that it's not from the original 6 contest pairs" suggests the one I had is either not genuine or that it was but I exchanged it for a fake. First, only 2 were contest pairs of the 6, and second, it would seem impossible I could have forged the EB letterhead with Tabor Coates signed confirmation of authenticity of the 3D piece, thus it is reasonable to believe he sent me the 3D pair he had in conjunction with his letter, that said, why one earth would I then substitute the real pair for a fake???
The lens transmission of the Red and Blue lenses is different, so you cannot wear the pair in respect of it being comfortable to the eye, at the very least, this is true of the pair I had.
The Iridium Coating pairs is all very interesting, however has nothing to do with the EB 3D release, and would have been better introduced in a separate thread of it's own.

Last edited:
The SoulFulFrog remark "I guess what OG is saying is that even with a letter from EB it's still possible that it's not from the original 6 contest pairs" suggests the one I had is either not genuine or that it was but I exchanged it for a fake. First, only 2 were contest pairs of the 6, and second, it would seem impossible I could have forged the EB letterhead with Tabor Coates signed confirmation of authenticity of the 3D piece, thus it is reasonable to believe he sent me the 3D pair he had in conjunction with his letter, that said, why one earth would I then substitute the real pair for a fake???
The lens transmission of the Red and Blue lenses is different, so you cannot wear the pair in respect of it being comfortable to the eye, at the very least, this is true of the pair I had.
The Iridium Coating pairs is all very interesting, however has nothing to do with the EB 3D release, and would have been better introduced in a separate thread of it's own.
I was more suggesting it's possible they assembled one for you when you asked for it. No where there did I say you made your own pair or letter head and what not. Just saying things are possible and at this point it's hard to determine the original 6. Read it again. I've been nothing but friendly to you over the years and helped you out on a few things. Why would I start pointing fingers and making remarks now. It's benefits me in no way. Lol. This thread is full of miss understandings. I think I'll move on to another ..

Latest Posts

Back