• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake holbrooks?

Nom3rcy

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Az
Was browsing offerup, and came across this user selling an assortment of standard Holbrooks, metal, and mix. I'd like to get a few of these to wear as beaters, but based on photos the O shouldn't be pressed through to the other side of the arm on the metal frames, and whatever is etched onto the lenses of a few of them I've never seen? Just looking for an expert to hopefully educate me on these.

Profile: Rosa - OfferUp

Was browsing offerup, and came across this user selling an assortment of standard Holbrooks, metal, and mix. I'd like to get a few of these to wear as beaters, but based on photos the O shouldn't be pressed through to the other side of the arm on the metal frames, and whatever is etched onto the lenses of a few of them I've never seen? Just looking for an expert to hopefully educate me on these.

Profile: Rosa - OfferUp
"Rosa" As he calls himself, has a pair of Julien Wilson Holbrooks up for sale for $35.
Heres his pair,

cbdd001e3e264c22b40739735d8bcc86.jpg

and heres mine bought from an oakley store years ago.

IMG_20200120_163124278_HDR.jpg

Ways to tell if authentic or not for Holbrook’s (OO9102) Look at hinge pockets, right side will have “R & a #) Left side will have “L & a #) fakes will not be marked at all. Another way to check authenticity, look at the “O’s” in the word Holbrook (font) on the left ear stem. Authentic ones will have thicker sides & the top & bottom of “O” will be thinner. Fakes will be perfectly round inside of the “O”. Also, always check the sku to make sure it’s the proper color-way, since the fakes implement fake sku’s too. Hopefully this may be beneficial for you.

Really appreciate the information everyone! Was too close to making a bad decision. And I'm sorry about creating a new thread for this I don't know how I missed the sticky, won't happen again.

There are a **** TON of fakes on offer up!!! And I’ve noticed there are a lot more of fakes showing up on Mercari as well. If you have any doubts probably steer clear or post pics here.

oh another way to tell is the descriptions of these fakes. typical ad “brand new Oakley Holbrook sunglasses. Black with polarized blue lens”
Yeah....

Back