• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Jawbreakers

There's been a few around eBay for a while now. Usual suspects in lens selection and MF bag. Scary part is they're completely functional so a noob could easily fall victim.

Man they make fakes of everything. Are there fakes of all frames. The jawbreaker was one I've seen kicking around for sale alot. Are there any other tell tail signs? For me frogs are easy to tell. Well except the blends.

Man they make fakes of everything. Are there fakes of all frames. The jawbreaker was one I've seen kicking around for sale alot. Are there any other tell tail signs? For me frogs are easy to tell. Well except the blends.

Odds are, most fakes will forget the inner rubber pads. One video review of the fakes also mentioned how crude the hinges and stuff were.

Otherwise, anyone who takes a minute to skim the actual catalog could make out which would be fake since it's such a new pair. Most first time Oakley owners probably wouldn't do that, though.

They fake Jawbreakers have become extremely common locally. I've seen two pairs up close and they are indeed very good fakes.
Yes the usual telltale signs (the zipper in the case,the MF and also the many lenses that come with them ) are there. The person I know that has them told me he figured it out because the lens optics are crap and gave him a headache. He bought a replacement from Walleva( I think) and it fit right in. One other telltale sign I found compared to my own real pairs was that the earstems had a dot/dimple,likely from the mold where they were made. Mine don't have that.

Latest Posts

Back