• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Juliets on ebay, but I can't believe how close they are to the real thing

They have all the tell tale signs of being a fake. At least the seller states it in the description.

what else is there to look for?

the 'polarized' looks off on the lens, but Im sure there is a lot Im missing.

what else is there to look for?

the 'polarized' looks off on the lens, but Im sure there is a lot Im missing.

Pic# 1....The portion where the orbital screws together is on too much of a slant, should be more straight.
Pics# 3 and 4.... Show the ears stems bend outward at the tip. This should not be on any Juliet
Pic# 5 shows the the rear of the nosebridge, the rivets should NOT have slots in them. They should be flat and smooth.
Pic# 6 shows the stem screw sitting above the frame. They should be flushed in and not stick up at all.
The last few pics of the coin are way off, real oakley coins are two tone gray, not one tone with shadow highlights
Pics# 1,2,9 show the sleeves to the three piece box. The sleeves should have a carbon fiber look to them and NOT match the inner box. All of them are them same, thus the box is fake too..
Pics# 10,11 show white/creme colored foam in box. Should be dark gray
Pics# 9,10 show the wrong micro bag with them. Label should be at bottom with HDO on it. This bag looks real in the pics and is currently used by Oakley but this micro bag with this style label tag doesn't go with this model.

If I actually could find a fake pair in the box real cheap, I would buy them and do a photo comparison side by side of all the tell tale signs of a fake and post it up....

Last edited:
I, myself , bought a Juliet from EBay a few years ago. It was priced right, seems to be okei to me but I questioned its authenticity. Finally, I joined this forum and read more. I can now say with confidence that my Juliet is the real thing :)

And for what its worth, there was never a Polarized Blue Iriduim Juliet. The only Juliet with Blue Iriduim was in a polished frame (Ichiro Juliets not included).

Back