• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Juliets

Patrick

Oakley Expert
Mexifornia
I jumped the gun before doing my full due diligence and bought what turned out to be a fake pair of Juliets on the bay. Pics in the listing weren't 100% clear. Fortunately I've received a refund from the seller. Here are some pics. I haven't seen fakes before, but these seem like pretty good replicas notwithstanding the handful of nonconforming features. Counterfeiters wouldn't need to fix a lot to make these much more passable.
2013-09-16_19.30.59.jpg
2013-09-16_11.38.00.jpg
2013-09-16_19.26.53.jpg
2013-09-16_19.27.16.jpg

The lenses look after market, but the frames look real. Those are convincing fakes.

Frame is fake as hell- Bent earstems, no rivets in the nose bridge, screws in the orbitals at the wrong angles, etc, etc. Looks like a run of the mill pair of fakes to me.

Compared to my Juliet's, they look HELLA fake...

Outwards bent ear stems ...
The nose rivets have a 'notch' in them ( as for a flat head screw driver ) ...
I don't see any writing on the temple shocks ...
Doesn't the bag tag generally have all white writing?

Have you checked if the lenses are actually polarized? ( I do an iPhone screen check )

Thanks for posting these up Patrick. Not everyone knows exactly what to look for, and ebay pics can be manipulated easily enough to fool any buyer. Glad you got your funds back man. I noticed quite a few metals in the exchange area in the last week, grab a pair from a member, or get a carbon juliet bnib at oakley.com, GL bud.

This is a more trust worthy crowd because every one has passion for the product. There are more scamers on ebay because they just want to make money.

Latest Posts

Back