• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Matte Rootbeer/Fire Iridium?

i am agree with you..good explanation..thanks

i think they're fake, maybe they came with a legit box but i think the frames are definitely fake... and I'm not an oakley expert, but i noticed a few things which leads me to believe those are fakes. first comparing the other two legit frogskins with the suspicious pair; the "Oakley" lettering on the suspicious pair just looks a little bit off - the lettering is a little bit bolder and bigger, and the "E" looks a little bit different, and the "O" is wearing off (which i'm not sure would ever happen on a real pair of oakleys) another thing i noticed is the bag seems off, in one of the pictures the stitching looks a little bit weird to me.....

either way, fake of not, if they were sold to you as new you will be able to get your money back. worst comes to worst and the seller won't work with you, you can file a paypal dispute and they almost always side with the buyer - and this case is pretty clear those are either fake or they aren't brand new. or maybe they came like that from oakley but if that was the case the seller still should have told you about it...

the "oakley" logo just like easily rubbed/ dimmed/ or like melting paint, that was suspicious not like the other model i have :sad:..better i am not gonna touch them for a while until i found the solution..

It's hard to tell from your photos, however it's easy to tell they aren't new. The 'O' on the Oakley logo on the stem has been rubbed down or, if they are fake, is a very poor finish which would never pass Oakley's quality tests.

Other ways to tell fake Frogskins are:

The frame feels super light (much lighter than a real Frogskins frame)
The lenses are bigger than real Frogskins lenses (try and swap out the lenses from a genuine pair and put the lenses from this pair in. If they don't fit it's a sign these are fake)
Check the box and paperwork, there is normally very clear spelling mistakes/poor English on fakes

Who was the member here who sold them to you?

^^ yeah that's a ****ty situation man, if you can't work something out with the seller then open up a paypal dispute... i'm pretty sure you won't have any trouble getting your money back as long as you didn't pay via gift.

Back