• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Minute Machines

Ldishman1962

Oakley Beginner
IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0826.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg
Saw some past information about spotting fake MMs.
Anybody have a comprehensive list and/or side by side comparisons in one spot?
I have a couple MMs...appear to be genuine...at least the cases don't have those weird notches.
They both have the Oakley and Swiss Made on the right side of the face...nothing on the left.
The stems have distinct ovals.
Pretty confident they are both genuine, but there are some good fakes out there as well.

Last edited:
Why don't you try posting pics of your MMs for the forum to authenticate? The info is out there but @cacatman hasn't listified it all yet so that's easier than expecting us to dig all the old stuff out for you.

Why don't you try posting pics of your MMs for the forum to authenticate? The info is out there but @cacatman hasn't listified it all yet so that's easier than expecting us to dig all the old stuff out for you.
They make fake MMs?!!! Woah!!!

Watching this thread.

Thanks for the tag, @kronin323. I’ll see what I can find and consider making a thread if there’s enough info about it. Not really into the watches, so I have no idea.

Definitely post up some pics if you're not certain. I can tell pretty quickly from a few pics if fake or not. There is a hundred little things that give a fake away in person but a few big obvious ones that are super easy to spot even in pics.

Is there any truth to this. True sapphire crystal is cold as compared to other crystals used in watches. I couldn’t quantify this myself, but have read articles and watched videos showing this as a true standard. Just curious with your expertise

I not sure about how to tell sapphire but fake minute machines stand out like a sore thumb to me.

From an engineer I spoke with, the Minute Machine crafting process was quite expensive. It’s usually easier to tell on this watch verses others, due to its high detail and design features.

Back