• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Oakley Fuel Cells From EBay?

Virtuous Panic

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I've just received a pair of Fuel Cells (Brown Smoke/ Bronze) from ebay. I'm usually pretty good at spotting fake goods and these are mostly looking kosher, the build quality is Oakley-esque (the ear stems click nicely into place, no uncut plastic flash sticking out), the model number on the ear stem matches up, the box was included as was paperwork and bag.
My problem is... it says "MADE IN U.S A.", its missing a "."
Fake? Or is there any record of this typo on genuine Fuel Cells?
Thanks for any feedback.

a pic would help

Good call.

tumblr_lpq7ucmBjZ1qzhtuwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpq9cpU9e11qzhtuwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpq9bhs9iK1qzhtuwo1_500.jpg

oh. sorry. i was reading your post on my phone...i missed the "." part. i dont see it either!
They look great other than that...if its fake...its a darn good one...

thanks for the kind words on my skull pic..MARS ATTACKS!! Great movie~! lol.

I got a Fuel Cell Taca edition and its missing the "." between the S and the A as well. I´m sure, that mine is no fake, so yours shouldn´t be as well.

I got a Fuel Cell Taca edition and its missing the "." between the S and the A as well. I´m sure, that mine is no fake, so yours shouldn´t be as well.

Thanks for letting me know, Millerntor. I was hoping that might be the case as the rest of my glasses up to the O standards we all know but that missing dot had me suspicious. Thanks for taking the time to reply or else I'd always be wondering!

the missing dot is probably just a production problem with the pressure, which is needed!
they looks good to me. do you have any other cells? just put them on a scale and compare them!
the fake models are normally lighter than O´s

Latest Posts

Back