• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FAKE Oakley Jawbones / Racing Jacket 2

Oakster.
Bet you've heard this a zillion timesI got
Hello Forum,
As a few of you know I sell a pile of Jawbone frames/jaws/socks/etc.

Over the past few months I've had a handful of guys with fake Jawbones purchasing jaws and being unhappy that they don't fit. All were under the impression that theirs were real, mostly because they paid good money for them.

There are some VERY good Jawbone reproductions out there.

After a pile of back and forth between the customers with fakes, there is one surefire sign of a fake. See the pics to know what I mean. If you remove the lens and look at the metal piece that holds the nosepiece - the fakes (white) have a flat nose screw. The genuine (dark grey) have a rivet.

Hopefully none of you have gotten burnt and hopefully this saves a couple people. If you find some ridiculous prices on Jawbones do some digging.

*Same applies for Racing Jacket 2. I have a set of them and it's exactly the same.

View attachment 73915
View attachment 73916

Oakster,
Help me out here, I got a pair of Black polished Racing jackets today that I bought off ebay. Of the 8 pairs of Oakleys I have, this is the only pair I did'nt buy from an Oakley store.
The nose piece HAS the round stud holding the nose piece and and the "O" impression on the lower outside part of the frame.
Based on my other Oakleys the arms move right (not loose but stiff and locks when they open)
My problem is the I keep putting the numbers on the box in to Google and nothing comes up that says the glasses I have. Plus I can see another label under the one on the box
What do I have here. ( I can handle the truth)

biz.JPG

stud.JPG

left arm.JPG

O.JPG

Your box may not really return anything because it's an OCP (custom) frame ...

Your frame looks legit to me!

Thanks, Lexkempo, now I don't have to hide the receipt from the wife. I paid $96 but I will NEVER buy outside a Oakley store again!!

Latest Posts

Back