• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Oil Rig

Darkside59

Oakley Beginner
I'd dropped my pair of Oil Rig and broken one of the hinges. I was desperately looking for a replacement or parts. I found a guy on Facebook selling a set of Oakley Oil Rig. I'd almost pulled the trigger and bought one till I notice the "O" is different (Looks like the "O" off of Fuel Cell" and the "Oakley" logo was printed on the lenses. I'd disclosed my finding to the seller and he got all butt hurt. Calling me names and that I don't know what I was talking about and then sent me the link to where he got his Foakley and say the Oil Rig I got, came from the same place. I just laugh at him, telling the seller the site he got his Foakley are fake and I got mine directly from Oakley store, then he blocked me.

My Oil Rig is broken. Anyone knows where I can buy replacement parts? I've contacted Oakley directly and they say they've discontinued the Oil Rig and they don't have any replacement parts. So I'm assed out.

Hello,
Are they Version I or II? I had a similar issue with a pair of white ghost text Oil Rig IIs and I simply watched ebay until I saw a center frame and temples (no lenses and a little scratched on the insides) come up cheap. About $45 later and I had my frames fixed and some spare parts to boot.

I still see parts on ebay from time to time for the v IIs... not so much if they are v Is.

I originally bought my first pair of oil rigs from a sunglasses hut in 2011 black with white etching... still have them .. just ordered a pair off of Amazon 129$ sale from I think 180ish... how can I tell if these are fake or real... they don't have made in usa like my other pair does.

16658710850686453348667381420907.jpg

16658711082084101151707671294112.jpg

I originally bought my first pair of oil rigs from a sunglasses hut in 2011 black with white etching... still have them .. just ordered a pair off of Amazon 129$ sale from I think 180ish... how can I tell if these are fake or real... they don't have made in usa like my other pair does.

View attachment 1003895

View attachment 1003896
This is someone else's thread. But your question is super easy. If you already have a pair of Oil Rigs, the other should be EXACTLY the same. Maybe just different color. But shape, size, hinges, everything same. You have a real one to compare with, and it don't get any better than that.

This is someone else's thread. But your question is super easy. If you already have a pair of Oil Rigs, the other should be EXACTLY the same. Maybe just different color. But shape, size, hinges, everything same. You have a real one to compare with, and it don't get any better than that.
There is people saying that there is a version 2 that did not get a made in usa. My og pair is worn out on the part that touch skin so I have no numbers

Show us pictures of your Oil Rig. There were 2 versions made: 1st were the Square O Icons, 2nd were the Castle Icons(which we can see the back of in the pictures above).

Back