• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake or Real Dog/Bottle Opener Tags???

This I think I may have mentioned before.
Man I wish I'd seen that post before I went to that party with the dog tag around my neck (looked awesome!) I felt pretty slick popping open a cold one with it until I noticed the deep gouges in the metal. Minor freak out moment Ii kept to myself. Took it home and filed it all down, polished up the tip ;) and now she's back in a case, none too the worse for wear... But yeah, I like functional things, wasn't happy to make that discovery...

Man I wish I'd seen that post before I went to that party with the dog tag around my neck (looked awesome!) I felt pretty slick popping open a cold one with it until I noticed the deep gouges in the metal. Minor freak out moment Ii kept to myself. Took it home and filed it all down, polished up the tip ;) and now she's back in a case, none too the worse for wear... But yeah, I like functional things, wasn't happy to make that discovery...
http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/bags-...rge-carabiner/product/99294?skuCode=99294-206

This is what I use.....the best function for it besides a keychain is a bottle opener. Gave away a bunch as gifts too. :twitch:

I had one attached to my Oakley backpack and TSA stopped me and questioned me about the carabiner. The guy thought it could be used as a weapon :)

I told him no it was just a carabiner but made by Oakley so it was built well. They let me pass.
That is pretty funny....... just do what I do when TSA starts looking at you....point to a girl with huge boobs and tell them she may have something hidden in her bra....... works quite well......she gets the "search" everytime.... :rofl:

Back