• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake or Real Dog/Bottle Opener Tags???

Then yours is made out of some material vastly superior to mine, or those beer bottles I was trying to open had caps made of titanium, lol. Perhaps there was variation in the metal composition of the tags? Anybody know of any differences in the metal used between runs of those dog tag bottle openers?
I believe I have the first version released but I’m not certain. There’s some small minor marks on it but it’s barely noticeable.
upload_2019-4-10_23-47-40.jpeg

upload_2019-4-10_23-48-5.jpeg

I definitely don't have the first version. The tab area on mine had gouges that were pretty deep into the metal the first time I tried using it. I took a file to it when I got home and got most of the areas cleaned up. That tab on mine is polished looking now. Kinda cool looking. If you've used that more than once it has held up phenomenally well compared to mine, haha.

I definitely don't have the first version. The tab area on mine had gouges that were pretty deep into the metal the first time I tried using it. I took a file to it when I got home and got most of the areas cleaned up. That tab on mine is polished looking now. Kinda cool looking. If you've used that more than once it has held up phenomenally well compared to mine, haha.
Yea I have used it many times over the years. Typically i use the first bottle opener I can find. For a year or two I had it hanging next to the beer fridge so it definitely got a lot of usage. At some point the dog tag chain broke, just like the issued dog tags chains haha.

Back