• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake or Real Dog/Bottle Opener Tags???

The_Darkone

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
North Carolina
Has anyone run across fake Dog Tags(the larger Disruptive by Design ones) or the 2014/2015 Bottle Openers?

The reason I am asking is because I have several Bottle Opener Tags that I got from Oakley directly via purchases during the promotional period. All of these have a large rope chain that are dull and have a ruff texture to them. However, just recently I made a purchase on e-Bay and as part of the purchase it came with a "2014 Oakley bottle opener". This bottle opener had a much thinner rope chain, shiny, and had no texture to it. I thought well maybe they just lost/broke original chain so they supplied a new one. Problem is if I try and use one of my known Oakley original rope chains it doesn't fit into the hole in the top of the bottle opener from e-Bay, the hole is to small.

Could it be just different production runs or different suppliers?

Example of thin chain w/ no apparent texture
New Very RARE Oakley Icon Dog Tag Bottle Opener Authentic | eBay

Chains side by side - left e-Bay sourced and right Oakley O-store sourced
IMG_0616.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting! Also, as an FYI, don't try to use these to open a beer, the metal was gouged up pretty easily by a simple bottle cap. Nice display piece though....

Latest Posts

Back